Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lists

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I make lists.

Top TV Shows

1. Mystery Science Theatre 3000
2. Arrested Development
3. Clerks, Animated Series
4. The Venture Brothers
5. Wonder Showzen
6. Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
7. Futurama
8. King of the Hill
9. The Simpsons
10. Stella
11. Azumanga Daioh
12. House, M.D.
13. Dexter
14. South Park
15. The Powerpuff Girls
16. Invader Zim
17. Spaced
18. Red Dwarf
19. Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

Top Bands

1. Shpongle
2. Arctic Monkeys
3. Ladytron
4. VNV Nation
5. The Strokes
6. Younger Brother
7. Bad Religion
8. Hallucinogen
9. Shulman
10. Sound Tribe Sector 9

More Vaguely Positioned Top Bands, Sort of Better to Worse

- Mr. Bungle
- Scissor Sisters
- Pink Floyd
- Queens of the Stone Age
- Hybrid
- KMFDM
- Michele Adamson
- Boards of Canada
- Eat Static
- Negativland
- The Vines
- Poe
- Entheogenic
- Prometheus
- J Viewz
- 1200 Mics
- The Killers
- Violet Vision
- Alice in Videoland
- AFI
- The Beatles
- The Black Keys
- Dido
- Assemblage 23
- Interpol

I should point out that my top tv shows and bands are not necessarily in order of how good I think they are, but rather how much I like them. Although, of course, how good they are is generally a factor!

top psychedelics in terms of recreational value:

1. lsd
2. 2c-b
3. mdma
4. mushrooms
5. 2c-i
6. amanitas
7. 2c-e

honourable mention: nitrous

top psychedelics in terms of practical value (entirely subjectively):

1. mushrooms
2. lsd
3. 2c-e
4. 2c-b
5. 2c-i
6. mdma (mdma is very good but only for the right situations, it's not so much of a "tool" as it is an emotional healer. in that sense i'd likely place it as #1)
7. marijuana

DRGUS DRUGS SUDUSR GFDDRUG SFD DSU GU R USU DRGb

top eight devices used in star trek to get past a complicated problem:

1. main deflector array
2. sensor array
3. plasma relay
4. warp coil
5. replicator
6. phase modulator
7. graviton emitter
8. transporter buffer

top disruptions of internet activity:

1. quicktime
2. pdfs
3. typos
4. java

best uses for peanuts:

1. peanut butter
2. eating
3. throwing

I'll update this post as my mind changes, probably.

No comments: